Thursday, October 18, 2007

Almost there...

Not including today, 10 days left until I tie the knot!

I have made a lot of progress since my last posting. I had a second dress fitting, and I'm happy to say that after shedding 10 excruciating pounds, I can now breathe better in my suit of arm...uh, I mean, my wedding gown. Final alterations are being made and I should be able to pick the dress up in a few days.

I finally nailed down the schedule of what's happening on wedding morning, and talked to my friend who's doing my makeup and confabbed with my mom on hair. The table cards arrived today and look great (I finally decided to just put them in gold frames). Ryan finished the cake topper on Monday and took it to the baker on Tuesday, and I paid the caterer today. We're meeting with the winery people on Sunday to finish paying for the beverage package and go over where things will be set up. And we met with the DJ last Saturday and finalized our list and order of events.

What's left to be done: Almost done shopping for attendant gifts; favors arrived yesterday so they need to have ribbons tied on; buy two makeup items that my friend requested; look into some sort of envelope box.

I do have to admit I'm a little freaked out about the weather...I've been checking the 10-day forecast for Livermore every day this week, and so far, that Friday and Saturday are partly cloudy and the temperature looks like it's dropping every day. Right now, it shows the day before the wedding as partly cloudy and 68 degrees (the day before it says 70, and the day before that 73, and that's down from 77 in the beginning of the week!). So, I'm hoping things don't go completely funky. I can handle chilly, but not rainy. Please no rain! (Yes, the ceremony is outdoors. The reception isn't.)

Last night some ladies in chorus threw me a little bridal shower at one of their houses in Blackhawk. I have to say it was a fantastic party! Those who attended were the select few I like and would invite to a party. ;) There were maybe 12 or 13 of us there, and two people couldn't make it. Even though I was the youngest, and most everyone out-aged me by an average of about 20 years, we had such a great time! We played the game where you make wedding dresses out of toilet paper and model them (I got to be the judge), and it was hilarious. I'll have to post some pics when I upload them. We sat around and ate, drank champagne and hot cider, had some cake, laughed a LOT, opened a ton of presents, and I even tickled a few of the ivories on the hostess's rockin' Bosendorfer. Mmm...Bosendorfer. Her house was absolutely gorgeous, and HUGE, and I felt like a schlub when I brought all my presents home and felt like I had nowhere to put them. ;) Ah, it will be nice to own a house someday! She had a carousel pony in her house. I can fit My Little Pony in mine. Heh.

So, something non-wedding-related. We are scheduled to appear at the annual j-crew (journalism crew...all my j friends) Halloween party on Saturday, and after Ryan won best costume last year, we have no idea what to wear this year to live up to that. Remember, I was a banana. Anyway, I toyed with the idea of being Olivia Elton John, but couldn't figure out a way to make that instantly recognizable. Then I thought about being a toilet, but all the toilet costumes I found are kind of hokey, and I don't have time to make my own. So...back to the drawing board. Although one could say I technically never left it...

I'm alone at work this week...the other editor's on vacation...so back to the grind!

2 Comments:

Blogger demondoll said...

I'm telling you- Lego person.
*cardbord sandwich board type- thingy, painted red.
*dixie cups, also red, and cut to "nib" size
*cereal box, painted red
hot glue gun nibs to boards, paint face yellow, wear little yellow mitts

9:18 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Seriously, you guys are one of my favorite couples at Halloween. Another stellar year for you two! Way to pull it off!

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home